ALC Hospice Care is committed to following patients’ beliefs,
preferences, values, and culture.
What is ALC Hospice Care?
We are focused on providing comfort and quality of life for patients in advanced stages of serious illness. Our holistic approach offers medical services and emotional and spiritual support to treat the whole patient.
What makes ALC different?
- The longevity of our professional staff, which is unprecedented in our industry, reflects their strong commitment to ALC. What this means is that they are dedicated to our unique and compassionate culture and dedicated to providing comfort, dignity and care to our patients and their families.
- ALC Hospice Care involves many different types of providers in a multi-disciplinary team, reflecting the needs of the individual patient and family. These professionals may include hospice care physicians and nurses, social workers, clergy, nutritionists, and physical, occupational, and speech therapists. The team collaborates on the most effective and personalized approach to treating the whole person.
- ALC’s services and our staff are available 24 hours on-call to meet the needs of our patients and families.
At the Heart of ALC Hospice Care is the Volunteer
ALC Hospice Care boasts a strong team of volunteers devoted to making a difference in the lives of our patients and their loved ones. Our volunteers step forward to bridge the gap between the services of the professional care team and the patient’s family.
Volunteers provide companionship/friendship, read or tell stories, write letters, share the patient’s hobby, and more.
What are ALC’s Hospice services?
- Home visits and care
- Ongoing assessments in order to continually accommodate the patient’s needs
- Medical services to optimize comfort and quality of life
- Patient and family education
- Hospice aides to help with personal care, including bathing and dressing
- Social workers and counselors to provide emotional support for the patient and family
- Spiritual counseling for patients and family
- Music therapist
- Nutritional counseling
- Placement for respite or short-term inpatient care as necessary
- Complete consultation for all symptoms throughout an illness or treatment, taking care of patients in their present condition and anticipating their future needs
- Reduces hospital readmissions
How does ALC support the family?
In ALC’s philosophy, patients and families are one unit of care.
We take that seriously and support, educate and advocate for the patient and the family.
We provide emotional, spiritual, and psychosocial support.
We Honor Veterans
ALC Hospice Care proudly participates in the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization’s (NHPCO) We Honor Veterans Program in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Our participation in We Honor Veterans allows ALC Hospice Care to:
- Streamline the referral/admission process for patients
- Educate our staff and communities about the unique end-of-life needs of our veterans
- Coordinate care with VA and other healthcare organizations
- Provide veteran-to-veteran volunteer programs
- Connect veterans and their families with community resources
- Offer the services of staff and volunteers who are trained to meet the unique challenges faced by veterans and their families
What are my payment options?
Our compassionate professionals will work closely with the family to verify and coordinate care quickly and effectively.
No matter what the country or culture, music has been recognized throughout history for helping to reduce anxiety and depression and bring joy. That’s true at the beginning of the life and at the end when patients in hospice can find comfort, stress relief and other physical and/or emotional benefits from the strains of songs played at their bedsides.Think of a how a lullaby gently coaxes a baby...
“As a chaplain, I continue to wonder and awe at the remarkable beauty of doing the right thing for others and helping people take care of themselves and make this world a little bit better each day. I’m proud to work for such a great organization that is ALC <3”
– Lisa Sinnott, Chaplain
“Thank you for all your support during this difficult time. Thank you is not enough. We will forever be grateful for your genuine care and concern. He is resting in peace and is healed now. We pray the Lord continue to give you strength, wisdom and bless you always.”
– Family member
“Sincere thanks for the respectful support that we received from ALC Staff. The song medley sung and played by Marcos your music therapist will go with me always. Thank you for flowers.”
– Family member